Advertising is a service based industry that promotes ideas and products on behalf of their clients. It happens to be one of the major component and part of the marketing wing of a product or a service based company. It helps to establish a relationship between a product and a customer. And advertising promises a very happening and interesting career to a student aspiring to make career in it. Here some interesting facts related to career of Advertising is provided.
- Advertising is generally looked our by advertising agencies that vary in size and scope. Some big companies have their own advertising departments to look into specialized areas like market research, film and video production.
- Advertising generally have three basic purposes sales promotion, public relations and education. In sales promotion it persuades people to purchase a specific product or commodity. Public relation tends to create positive image for the company. And by education an advertiser influence social attitude on issues and topics of general concern and tell people about welfare schemes through public interests campaigns started by government or private organizations.
- Basic eligibility for Advertising is having postgraduate courses so a person should be graduate with at least with minimum of 50 percent numbers. And admission to most of these courses occurs on the basis of entrance examination or an interview. Few colleges also offer BA courses in advertising.
- Though advertising is a very honest profession yet it is considered by people by large as dishonorable profession due to the tendency or nature of selling something is involved with it. So people think that an advertiser tries to deceive other and sometime it is not considered as an honorable profession.
- Another interesting convention related to advertising career that it is filled with money and everyone into it can make six figure salaries. It is not true as many a number of people who entered into the career of advertising started from the very bottom and entered for free with minimum wages and simultaneously grow themselves towards the top of their career.
- Another misconception related to career of advertising is that it is indeed very hard to make a start in career of advertising. However, this doesn’t mean that you can not make into the advertising. Rather you would not get that prestigious assignment as on your first project. But if you are interested in making career for yourself than you should keep on making effort towards it.
- And in the last do not go for those blossoming and always smiling characters from advertising world you see in a movie. Indeed, it is a field full of glamour and sometimes it becomes really a fun to create an advertising campaign. But anyhow you would have to work very hard to bring an ad campaign to final broadcast and publication.